Who are the people and what services are provided to children with SEND at Whitcliffe Mount?
Directly funded by school
- Educational Teaching Assistants (ETAs);
- Senior Educational Teaching Assistants in each faculty;
- Higher Level Teaching Assistants in Maths and English;
- Pathways group for students needing additional support with social and communication skills;
- Student Key Workers;
- Learning and Respect area for pupils needing learning support;
- Key Stage 4 Pupil Referral Service for students with behaviour difficulties;
- LEAP group in year 7 for Learners whose Education requires Additional Provision;
- Specialist learning programmes such as Paired Reading, Lexia and Numeracy Workout to help improve basic literacy and numeracy skills;
- Additional commissioned services are available to support emotional health and wellbeing including school nurses and counselor.
Paid for centrally by the Local Authority but delivered in school
- Educational Psychology Service;
- Specialist Autism Outreach;
- Sensory Service for students with visual or hearing needs;
- Key Stage 3 Pupil Referral Service for students with behaviour difficulties.
Provided and paid for by the Health Service, but delivered in school
- Speech and Language Therapy;
- Occupational Therapy;
- Specialist Nurses;
- School Nurses.