Support For Parents
What support is available for parents/carers of students with SEND?
- We would like you to talk to your child's teachers, form tutor, Year Lead and Achievement Leader regularly, so that we know what your child is doing at home, and we can tell you about what we are doing in school. We hope this will make sure that we are doing similar things to support your child at home and at school and can share what is working;
- We run a number of sessions for parents/carers about aspects of education and welfare;
- The SENDCo is available to meet with you to discuss your child's needs;
- A great deal of information about what is happening in school is available on the school website: www.whitcliffemount.co.uk. Some of your child's homework and a number of useful learning resources can also be found in our virtual learning environment, e-cliffe, which every child will be able to access as soon as they join us.
From outside school
- Most of the outside agencies that work with students will contact you directly and many can visit you at home. In some cases, they will meet you and the SENDCo in school, or if this is not possible, provide a report which recommends strategies to help your child;
- In some cases, there is support available for the whole family: the Local Offer from the Local Authority will give more detail about some of these, including Kirklees Information Advice and Support Service (KIAS);
- Single Assessments.