Welcome Year 10 and Year 11 to your very own page. We will load everything you need on this page and if there is anything we are missing please let us know...
Are you struggling with revision? Or knowing the best technique for you? Click here for some extra help and ideas. Planning your time for revision is essential. There are two examples linked here for you to trial and see if you can manage your time for revision:
All students need to be in learning until the age of 18 and continue with GCSE English and Maths if they don’t achieve grade 4 by the end of year 11. Options after year 11:
•Full-time education - Do you know when all the College and Sixth Form open days and evenings? Click here for more info. There is also a big careers event taking place at The John Smith Stadium on 17th and 18th October. Click here for more info.
Click here to view more information on your options after Year 11.
What about a job in construction? Find out more by clicking here.
Interested in animals? Wee this event could be the one for you. Click here to see.
Want help with applying for apprenticeships or colleges? Use the UCAS powerpoint for help.
At the heart of GCSEPod are videos. We call them “Pods”. Each one is a highly concentrated, 3-5 minute burst of audio-visual learning and specialist subject knowledge for 20 curriculum areas. It's written by expert subject teachers then rigorously quality assured. Narrated by professional voice over artists and with visuals produced by our award-winning in-house design team, every Pod is mapped to GCSE and IGCSE exam boards and we are committed to keeping up with curriculum and technology changes.
To log in, click here.
Have you thought about what your exam timetable might look like... are you aware you will be sitting at least 20 papers at the end of Year 11? Click here to see the official 2017-2018 exam timetable for Year 11's. The 2018-19 will be available from February onwards.
Unsure which exam board your child is taking for their subject? Please refer to the table below.
Our Achieve Programme will be officially launched straight after half term (week beginning 30th October). Attend as many sessions as you can... it isn't compulsory, but it is an amazing opportunity to get some extra support and revision in. The new timetable begins after October half term, click here to see it.
Information Evening Documents
- Achieve TT Oct Feb (0.36 MB)
- Apprenticeship advert 2019.ppt (0.13 MB)
- Apprenticeship drop ins (0.05 MB)
- Apprenticeship Event Invite Kirklees (0.43 MB)
- Apprenticeship Event Invite North Kirklees (0.39 MB)
- Apprenticeship Event Poster Kirklees (0.43 MB)
- Apprenticeship Event Poster North Kirklees (0.39 MB)
- Assertive Mentoring (1.12 MB)
- Bradford College 2019 Guide (5.87 MB)
- Core Subjects Q A Presentation October 2018 pptx (0.53 MB)
- CWAD Poster Colour (2.37 MB)
- EDT Inspire Invitation Parents Carers (0.25 MB)
- Exam Stress presentation (1.47 MB)
- Growth Mindset Presentation October 2018 (1.62 MB)
- Health Professionals Taster Day (0.48 MB)
- Heckmondwike Grammar School Open Evening 2018 Flyer (1.63 MB)
- How to support your child (0.46 MB)
- Kirklees Apprenticeship 2019 (0.23 MB)
- Kirklees College Taster Sessions (2.20 MB)
- Kirklees College whats on offer (2.20 MB)
- Kirklees College Presentation (2.97 MB)
- KS4 Mental Health Awareness (0.18 MB)
- MADE Parents PPT (1.65 MB)
- Memory Retrieval session (0.81 MB)
- NewCollegeBradford Open Day Flyer (0.66 MB)
- Open Evening White Rose (1.42 MB)
- Raising aspirations (1.59 MB)
- Revision timetable (0.02 MB)
- Revision timetable 2 (0.02 MB)
- School and college open events and application closing dates 201819 (0.06 MB)
- SEND Presentation October 2018 (0.52 MB)
- UCAS for learners (0.98 MB)
- UCAS PPT (2.00 MB)
- Y10 Y11 Information Evening Presentation.pptx (1.11 MB)
- Year 10 Careers Presentation October 2018 (0.76 MB)
- Year 11 Careers Presentation October 2018 (0.46 MB)