People Supporting SEND
Who are the best people to talk to in school about my child's difficulties with learning/special educational needs?
Miss E Bryan
Senior SEND Faculty ETA
Mrs C Oates
They are responsible for:
• Co-ordinating all the support for children with SEND and developing the school's SEND Policy to make sure all children get a consistent, high quality response to meeting their needs in school;
• Ensuring that you are involved in supporting your child's learning, kept informed about the support your child is getting, involved in reviewing your child’s progress and part of planning for the future for them;
• Liaising with all the other people who may come into school to help support your child's learning e.g. Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist etc;
•Updating the school's SEND Register (a system for ensuring all the SEND needs of students in this school are known) and making sure there are excellent records of your child's needs and progress;
• Providing specialist support for teachers and support staff in school, so that they can help your child and other students with SEND in school achieve the best possible progress.
Form Tutors, Subject Teachers, Year Leads & Achievement Leaders
They are responsible for:
• Checking on the progress of your child and identifying, planning and delivering any additional help your child may need (this could be things like targeted work, additional support) and liaising with the SENDCo;
• Using Student Profiles, Education, Health and Care Plans/Statements, Health Care Plans or My Support Plans when planning for your child's lessons;
• Ensuring that all staff working with your child are supported to deliver the curriculum, so that your child can achieve the best possible outcomes. This may involve the use of additional adults, outside specialist help and specially planned work and resources;
• Ensuring that the school's SEND Policy is followed in their classrooms and for all students with SEND.
Headteacher - Miss Jennifer Templar
Miss Templar is responsible for:
• The day to day management of all aspects of the school, which includes the support for students with SEND;
• Delegating responsibility to the SENDCo and subject teachers, whilst still remaining responsible for ensuring that your child's needs are met;
• Ensuring that the Governing Body is kept up to date about any issues in school relating to SEND.
The SEND Governor - Mrs J Terry
Mrs Terry is responsible for:
• Making sure that the school is providing the necessary support for any student with SEND who attends the school.