At Whitcliffe Mount we believe that students should be given a wide range of opportunities to develop and practice leadership skills in preparation for life beyond school. We believe that every student should have a voice and the Whitcliffe Mount Student Leadership Academy aims to provide opportunity for this.
Students can apply for a Student Leadership role in every year group from School Council Members, Reading Leaders and Prefects. The team is led by the Head Boy and Head Girl who run the School Council.
Chloe Hadfield - Head Girl
Jibra'il Koralia - Head Boy
|Student Leader for Clough||Student Leader for Grylls||Student Leader for Mowat||Student Leader for Wadsworth||Student Leader for Whiteley|
|Kacey Holdroyd||Lily Marshall||Sam Marriott||Shauna Toher||Chloe Newsome|
For the rest of the team, click here.
Student Leader Requirements
All Student Leaders in Year 7 to Year 11 should proudly represent the school and student community with a positive attitude. They are role models for Whitcliffe Mount School and advocate the “We Are Whitcliffe” skills.
Therefore, all Student Leaders, whilst in post should:
- promote the school ethos of Enjoy, Achieve, Celebrate
- be confident and have excellent communication skills
- show strong and developing leadership and attend all planned sessions to develop leadership skills
- be enthusiastic, pro-active and well-organised
- support school life activities; extra-curricular activities, School Council, celebration events, House activities and/or Parents and Information evenings
- be able to liaise and work with staff and students
- be able to put forward ideas and see them through to a successful conclusion
- wear the school uniform proudly, as outlined in the policy and always have their Student Leader badge on show
- demonstrate good behaviour and achieve good ATL.
We expect all Student Leaders to comply with these requirements. If not, the privilege of Student Leadership may be taken away from them.
There are leadership roles for each year group and students will be appointed on a successful application form and interview.